Google Plus is a social network that is often overlooked by many businesses. Although it may not be the most active or popular social network, Google Plus has its own advantages that you should not fail to realize. Using this social network as a marketing vehicle is an easy and affordable way for your firm to gain recognition online and execute marketing campaigns. Being a relatively new player in the mainstream social media network assembly, many firms lack the knowledge that will allow for the full utilization of the Google Plus network’s potential. Below, you will find a Google Plus Marketing Strategy that will better guide your business on the proper development and execution of promotional content.
Encourage Shared Content:
It should come as no surprise that encouraging users to share content is an important aspect for any social network. Business pages on Google Plus tend to attract little attention and do not become very popular on their own merit. The question remains: How am I supposed to direct traffic to my page? Google Plus is based highly on community interactions. You’re going to have to step down to the community level and join some relevant circles. For example, a cosmetic company might find increased visibility for its posts distributing content under the Beauty Blogger community rather than their own unique business page. Once visibility is at an appropriate level, customers will share interesting content under your name, ultimately, improving your brand’s recognition.
Creating Interesting Content: Google Plus gives user new and creative ways to create and post content.
- Gifs: The technology behind the common GIF has been around for quite a while. Not many social networks offer the option for GIFS to actively run on a typical newsfeed. Google Plus is one of the first. Businesses should take advantage of this interesting way to display content as GIFS are known to attract 39% more attention than the common photo post
- Educational Content: Considering Google Plus is a relatively new social media network, those who run active accounts use it with a purpose in mind. Provide your users with content that in some way leaves them with a sense of value. Educational content such as tutorials and technology reviews do very well on this particular social media.
- Integrate Google Plus: It should come as no surprise that Google will be bias when featuring posts that somehow promote their own social network. It may difficult depending on the market you serve, however, finding ways to simultaneously promote your brand and the social network will pay off.
Engage With Users: Showing users that you have attributed worth to their interaction with your brand is invaluable
- Remain Active: You likely have already established social network accounts such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for your business but it is important to not neglect your newly establishes Google Plus page. It is reported that 9% of Google Plus users actively post. Although this 9% may seem menial, 2.2 billion users have established accounts on this network. Interacting with this group of users is crucial as they are heavy users of social media. Develop a consistent and frequent posting schedule to demonstrate dedication to your customers.
- Google Resources: Google offers many interesting tools for businesses to interact with customers. For example, Glamour Magazine utilized the live hangouts tool where customers could watch and listen to fashion experts discuss trends in the industry and other related information. Using this tool allow Glamour Magazine to reach customers in a unique way with interesting content.
- Use Circles: Segmenting customers has never been easier. Google circles allow you to selectively segment customers and distribute content based on their own personal preference. If your business is involved with multiple industries this may be something you will find interesting. Segmenting customers based on interests in circles will enable the delivery of content that is relevant to customers while avoiding bombarding uninterested customers.
Developing a Google Plus marketing strategy is undervalued by many firms. You should seriously consider investing in this particular network. Google Plus offers many unique tools while providing a professional online environment for firms to communicate information to customers. All social networks offer something different, and Google Plus is no exception. Why miss out on a free and valuable platform for attracting customers?