Facebook is by far the most used social media, ever – 1.44 billion users to be exact. Not only is it important to at least have a Facebook page, but it is crucial to develop a page strategy to increase your customer base. How do we create a Facebook page strategy? Follow these next steps.
Here are tips to keep in mind when building your Facebook page strategy:
Let your viewers see another side of you
Every individual associates some type of personality to companies. A few examples include Victoria’s secret, who is seen as sexy, daring and confident while American Apparel is more edgy, colorful and laid back.
By using Facebook as a means of keeping in touch with your customers, showing them a human touch will enable them to see who really is hiding behind that logo. By talking to them as if they were your dearest friends and not customers, it will give them a sense of being valued, not to mentioned connected.
- Generate exciting content such as videos, images and posts, always adding a personal touch
- Let fans see backstage events and get a sneak peek of important work your company is doing
- Use the 80/20 rule, where 80% of your content is business related and the other 20% has a more personal touch
Mix and match your content
While some people prefer text and some prefer visual content, ensuring that your Facebook page has both is a recipe for success. While a few companies only present their viewers to a certain type of content and personally, seeing constant text or updates truly bores me to the core of my soul.
By keeping up to date with relevant business content, your followers will never want to unlike your page, which is essentially the goal of having a facebook page – to keep your fans happy.
Though it is not easy to stay relevant and have the best page out there judging by the number of competitors who are also present on facebook, it is always a good idea to focus on being authentic.
- Add content that will keep your audience hooked
- Don’t do what everyone else is doing – be unique and find your own strategy
- Plan your posts: create a schedule to track when you will post content, including what it is you will be posting
- For a more in-depth blog about posting quality content, check out Denise Walkman’s blog post on Social Media Examiner
Know who your viewers are
While you can be a page with the best quality content, if you do not know who you’re targeting, it has no importance.
The first step is to define who your audience is – what they like, what they don’t like and what they want to see. You should clearly be able to tell anyone who asks exactly who you’re creating the content for. Focus on creating content that will give a purpose to your viewers and satisfy their needs and wants.
Here are a few questions you could ask yourself when creating content:
- Is your target female or male?
- What gets the most “likes” and “shares” on the page?
- How would you best describe your ideal customer?
- What does your audience enjoy more?
Encourage the audience to engage with you and each other
When you make the extra effort to ask your viewers a question, be sure to always take the time to answer back. Why would anyone post something and ditch? Letting your viewers know that you’ve read their comments will definitely create more engagement.
- Ask for feedback
- Encourage them to answer to other fan’s comments
- Try to always answer comments, or at least a good amount of them. A simple “thank you” should suffice
- Ask questions in such way to let people tell their stories
Customize your page
There are so many in which you can customize your page. Rest assured that your profile picture is the first thing your followers and potential followers will see – make sure it’s a beautiful one!
You can also choose a cover photo that promotes an upcoming event or anything relevant to your page that will enhance the overall look.
- Ensure proper flow of your page
- Update your images/profile pictures frequently (about once a month)
- Your location and contact info should always be updated in case of change
- Write a catchphrase with every picture posted
Facebook pages are truly a must when it comes to today’s world and competition. By taking into consideration the mentioned steps, you will be on your way to having an amazing facebook page strategy. Focus on your audience and most importantly, have fun!
At concept9, we advise Fortune 500 brands on social media strategy and it’s often the toughest part of our job. Helping an organization find its “voice” and then consistently engage new users with that same voice, while growing existing client relationships is more of an art than a science. To find out how we do it, contact us now!